Tuesday 23 April 2013

Research

Jacob Kramer - 'Hear Our Voice, O Lord Our God'


I saw this painting back in February while on work placement in Leeds and found it really powerful. I would really like to use this image as something to work towards in my solo piece. I could begin the piece quite 'normal' and with the use of lights and changing my physicality I could end in this position. 

I have currently been reading some plays by Sarah Kane. Although I do not wish to incorporate her style fully (as some of her adult/alternative themes would not compliment my own) I do like the intensity of her writing and wish to replicate her captivating flare. Themes of pain and death which are found in her plays work with my new character, as she has a very troubled mind and can only see death and torture for all in the future. When writing my piece I will keep Sarah Kane's plays and style in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment